Income protection

Not being able to work because of an accident or illness can be a huge problem when your mortgage or rent still needs to be paid or to provide for your family if your employers stop paying your salary.

Income protection insurance gives you peace of mind by providing a replacement income if you can’t work due to sickness or illness. Our independent financial planning managers know that it’s important to get a policy that will meet your needs.

At Birkett Long IFA, our independent financial planning managers under the Protection Advisory Service recommend products from a wide range of income protection arrangements.

You may have the following questions:

  • How much of my income can be replaced?
  • Can I arrange a shorter-term policy, more cheaply?
  • How does income protection compare with accident and sickness insurance?
  • How much does income protection cost?
  • How much cover do I need?

If you would like more information on income protection, please call the team on 01206 217309.


  • Nicola Ward
      • Nicola Ward
      • Associate and Head of Birkett Long IFA LLP
      • 01206 217308
      • View profile

Birkett Long IFA’s team of independent financial planning managers has considerable experience in the area of income protection, having recommended suitable products to clients since 1980’s. Key areas to consider are the ‘Definition of Disability’ which will apply, the deferred period required and the amount of cover needed - our expertise will ensure that these issues are correctly addressed.

What Our Client Say

  • It was a pleasure to both meet and deal with Nicola Ward, Financial Planning Manager, who always gave us excellent advice and service in a pleasant, easily understood and efficient manner. We would have no hesitation in contacting her again or recommending her should the need/opportunity arise.