BIRKETT LONG IFA IS EXPANDING!
Based in Essex, with offices in Chelmsford, Basildon and Colchester, Birkett Long is focused on people – our clients, our employees, our business partners and those in our local communities.
Birkett Long IFA LLP offers truly independent financial advice.
We have a vacancy for a Trainee Paraplanner for our well established IFA company. The position is full time and is based in our Colchester Office. However, the successful candidate will also provide cover for our other offices in Chelmsford and Basildon and will be required to travel to those offices.
Birkett Long is a modern thinking Legal 500 Law Firm with a separate successful IFA Business and this is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking career progression within the Financial Services Industry. This is a demanding role and although previous experience would be an advantage, we will consider candidates with minimal experience but who are willing to train and seek qualifications.
The main duties and responsibilities are:-
• Providing support to Financial Planning Managers in research and analysis to meet client needs and objectives
• Processing new business and general client administration as required
• Undertake product and provider research including use of O&M Pension Profiler and Avelo
• Database creation and management
• Preparing necessary paperwork and application forms for client meetings
• Obtaining Illustrations and quotations from Platform providers and Insurance companies, etc
• Communicating with product providers on case progress
• Liaising with other Financial Services Team members and departments in the firm in relation to mutual clients
• General secretarial/admin support
• Dealing with telephone calls from clients and product providers
The ideal candidate will have;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Professional work attitude and a positive “can do” attitude
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage own workflow and prioritise
• Strong attention to detail
• The ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own
• IT proficient and to be self supporting
• Currently studying for the CII Certificate in Paraplanning or LIBF Certificate in Paraplanning and Financial Administration or CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning.
• Be self motivated and have the desire to study toward further industry qualifications at all times
• Some working knowledge of one or more of the following; O&M Investment and Pension Profiler, Avelo and Wrap Platforms
You will be required to keep up to date with technical, product and provider changes.
If you believe you have the skills we are looking for please send your CV to:
Birkett Long LLP, 1 Amphora Place, Sheepen Road, COLCHESTER, Essex, CO3 3WG
Or alternatively to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 14 March 2018
FINANCIAL PLANNING ADVISERS
Birkett Long LLP, the leading Essex based law and financial services firm is looking to expand. With offices in Colchester, Basildon and Chelmsford, Birkett Long has significant growth plans over the next 5 years for its financial services business. Already a major contributor towards the firm’s success, recent branch expansion, acquisitions, and the associated client base increase present an unprecedented opportunity to realise its growth plans. Predominantly working with quality ‘in-house’ leads from our huge, diverse and active client base and some self-generated leads, together with full paraplanning and administrative support, Birkett Long seeks high calibre advisers to deliver quality advice and fee income, or those that can demonstrate they have the potential ability to do so, and who are excited by the challenge of helping the firm meet and exceed its aspirations.
To be considered for these roles working in the professional services marketplace successful applicants will need to evidence an established record of high achievement through managing effective and sustained client relationships (typically, but not exclusively HNW/business owners); having attained Level 4 Diploma, and ideally chartered status or the aspiration to achieve this in the future with ongoing support and personal development. This is an employed role. There is an excellent remuneration package available, commensurate with the expectation of the role, with the exceptional backing of one of the leading law and financial services brands in Essex.
For further information about Birkett Long LLP - www.birkettlong.co.uk
If you would like to apply for any of the positions advertised please send your CV along with details of the position you are applying for to Leonie Dolling
Should you be interested in applying for a different position with the firm please do feel free to send your CV to Leonie Dolling, as we are happy to receive personal applications on a speculative basis.
BIRKETT LONG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.